Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Project

I have always wanted to make my girls some Easter dresses, but never got on the ball fast enough to get them done.

Well, I did it this year!!!

I have been wanting to do this tiered dress since last summer when Grandma K shared it with me. Apparently, her Grandmother made a dress for Mr. Prince's oldest sister, RaRa, when she was a little girl. So, that makes it even more fun!

For money reasons, I had to go with some fabrics I had picked out last year for dresses. I happened to have pink and yellow butterfly fabrics, and similar pink and green flower fabrics that all coordinated. I knew I was going to make up a pattern for Miracle's dresses out of a combination of the fabrics.

Grandma K will hopefully help me with the button holes tomorrow. I'd rather not do them all by hand...

Angelica Pickles' and Princess Pea's dresses

Miracle Myra's dress
I had no idea what I was doing with Miracle's dress. I ended up just measuring her and making the first tier to fit around her chest and then making successive tiers like in the original pattern. I knew that would be easier than making up a shoulder pattern to fit her size. Then, as I was making some straps, I thought of using all three colors. I was going to tie them, but as I sewed them together, they just laid so nicely that I left them and just sewed them exactly the same onto the back. I also sewed a pink, green and yellow seam on both the top and bottom hem of the dress for some extra decoration.


Here they are, all three together!

The girls are going to be so excited in the morning! I'm looking forward to making a few more sets of matching dresses for all three this summer.

1 comment:

G.L.H. said...

Ashley, how adorable! Grandma Myrtle would be so, so proud!