Thursday, June 18, 2015

One Year Later: More Big News

So much can happen in a year.

12 months ago on June 19th, 2014 we received some amazing news from China.  We were given Preapproval, or preliminary permission, to adopt our Frannie Joy.  Also on that day, our little boy (that we wouldn't commit to adopt until September) turned two.  We celebrated like crazy that day and shared our excitement with our 5 biological children.  I'll never forget how that news felt.  After 10 years of following our hearts, we were finally going to adopt!

This has been probably the second most stressful year of my life.  The year Myra was born with a brain injury and collected so many scary diagnoses still ranks #1.  But, that hard year is what led us to this hard year.  God never promises that we won't have to go through tough times, He just promises He will be there with us.  And, no doubt, He has been here every step from Myra's birth in 2009 to the year of crazy adoption stuff!  And also helped provide $52,000 for this adoption!  We only need a few thousand more!!

Well, a year later, we have good news again!

WE HAVE TRAVEL APPROVAL!!!!!

After a 32 day wait, which normally takes only 7 days, we finally have that piece of paper that gives us a GO to plan our trip to China!  And I hope to travel there with my mom in as little as a WEEK!

It's happening, people!!  I cannot believe it's really going to happen!  Soon I'll be snuggling these two hurting little people that I've been dreaming about for a year now.  I.cannot.wait!!


I'm coming Frannie and Finn!  I'm really truly coming!!
Happy 3rd Birthday Finton!  Enjoy time with your foster family.
We should know travel dates and details next week!

1 comment:

Stephani said...

Hi! I think I met your family at the airport today. :-) Congratulations on your adoption!