Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Love My Husband Because...


...he loves me for who I am, despite all my faults.

...he is the most loving and involved father I know.

...he looks hot in khaki shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops.

...he is committed to his family and works hard for us every day.

...he makes me laugh.

...I feel safe in his presence.

...he is willing to cross over typical marriage roles and do laundry and cleaning.

...he doesn't complain about changing cloth diapers.

...he has beautiful eyes that change colors with different shirts he wears.

...he massages my feet almost every day.

...he cries when his babies are born.

...he believes in my abilities as a mother and homeschool mom.

...he is a gifted teacher that wants to make a difference in the lives of children.

...he still finds me attractive after 4.5 pregnancies.

...he is always the first to apologize, but most of the time he shouldn't be.

...he encourages me to have 'girl nights' and time away.

...he never tells me no if I want something.

...he sticks up for me, whether I'm right or wrong.

...he loves Christ and desires for his children to understand the depth of His love.

...he is great at cuddling.

...he has dealt with a hormonal pregnant/nursing wife since our honeymoon, with no break.

...our goals in life are the same.

...he thinks I'm beautiful even with 40 extra pounds and a basketball tummy.

...he appreciates the work I put into our home and children.

...he never complains when I get behind on housework or laundry, and still apologizes when I get upset that he forgot to take the recycling out.

...he is the better half of our marriage.

...I believe he is exactly who God created for me to be with the rest of my life, and he agrees.

I am a lucky woman, and I know it. The challenging is showing it in every day life with 4.5 children. Thankfully we both know that no matter what, we are a team. We are one. And we will remain that way until the day that one of us dies, which will hopefully be many, many years from now.

I love you, My Prince!!

2 comments:

G.L.H. said...

Beautiful tribute, Ashley!

J-momma said...

very sweet. and he sounds like a great guy!