Friday, April 3, 2015

The Process Continues...and things are about to get REAL, people!!

So, here we are at another huge step!

We just got our official MATCHED paperwork (LOSC/LOA) from China and we just submitted some paperwork (i800) to immigration (USCIS) for permission to bring home Frannie and Finn.

The process moves quickly from here!!

1.    i800 Approval will come around 4/20 and we will get it by snail mail

2.    We will receive a GUZ number a week later (4/27) which just means our case has been assigned to Guangzhou, China

3.    With this number we can contact the National Visa Center and request a PDF showing that our file has been forwarded to the Embassy in Guangzhou around 4/28 or 4/29

4.    My agency will then send the PDF to their in country staff.  This allows them to drop off our offical documents at the US Consulate and our Art 5 process begins.

5.    The Art 5 process always takes 10 business days, so drop off would be on 5/4 and pick up on 5/18 ideally.

6.    Once our Art 5 is picked up, our paperwork is sent to the China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA) in Beijing and our Travel Approval (TA) wait begins!  This wait is currently around 7-14 days, average being 10-11.  So, we are hoping to receive it on May 27th or 28th at the latest.

7.  Our travel dates will be either June 4th-27th or June 25th-July 16th.  Finton's turns THREE on June 19th, so I would love to make it there while he's still two!  But, there is a slim chance that will happen.  The Dragon Boat Festival is the week of the 22nd, so that's right in the middle of our original travel plans.  They will not allow you to meet your children that week, so we have to get our kids either before that week or after.  I'm going to do my best to get there as soon as I can, and ultimately leave the timing up to God.  He knows what's best for everyone.


And all this mumbo-jumbo means is....I'm going to meet my babies in 64-85 DAYS!!!!  


We still have around $10,000-12,000 to raise.  We are still waiting for our grant applications to be processed, but many of those we may not hear about until June!

Soooo....  I'm going to start begging.  :)

We still have 66 pieces of our puzzle to be sponsored.  So far we have 33 pieces sponsored for a total of $776!  This is awesome!  But if the 66 pieces left were to be sponsored, it would raise us $4274 MORE!

We are going to double frame this puzzle for Frannie and Finn.  On one side they will search for many traditional Chinese items for fun, and on the other will be a list of names of sponsors who helped us get them home!  It will be such an awesome keepsake!

We need help and we are nearing the end of this part of our journey.  A journey that has brought me to my knees more times than I can count.  I am in such a vulnerable position asking others to help us adopt, but I know that I know that I know that I know this is God's Will for these kids and our family.  So, I hope our friends and family see this as helping God's plans and not just our own agenda.  I will be forever grateful for all those who have helped us thus far, and all those I know will step up to help us reach the finish line!  THANK YOU!!!!



Pieces range from #1 to #100 and pieces already sponsored are #1-21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 30, 33, 35, 40, 42, 50, 60, 76 and 100.  Payments can be made to mommykellogg@hotmail.com or a tax-deductible donation can be made HERE (sending a check avoids the 3% fee).  Please comment or message me on Facebook to let me know you have donated!!

Thank you for following our journey!!





No comments: